We’re happy to announce that Archi version 4.6 is now available to download.
The focus for this release has been on the following key areas:
- Support for ArchiMate 3.1
- Improvements to UI and UX
- Optimisations and refinements
Support for ArchiMate 3.1
ArchiMate 3.1 was announced by The Open Group last week at their November Amsterdam conference. Version 3.1 is a “minor” update to version 3.0 which was released in 2016. The main features of 3.1 are:
- The addition of the Value Stream element
- The addition of the “directed” attribute of the Association relationship
- Changes to the rules of derived relationships
There are also other subtle changes such as allowing more options for using the icon notations instead of boxes. We’ll be improving and expanding the graphical notation possibilities of all ArchiMate elements in Archi over the coming months.
The official ArchiMate 3.1 specification can be read online here.
Improvements to UI and UX
Archi 4.6 contains many new improvements to the user interface and experience that help to get things done quicker and allow more flexibility managing and viewing models. These are the main new features:
- Add option for coloured folder icons (Preferences, “Colours and Fonts”)
- Add Dark Theme option (General Preferences)
- Cut and Paste of objects and folders in the models tree
- Add Outline Opacity setting to diagram figures in Appearance tab
- Add Name Visible option to connections in Appearance tab
- Improve speed of auto search and add option to complete search on Return key press in the models tree
- Add drill down in the models tree
- Add new “features” API to allow future-proofing
- Add new Jasper Reports API
Optimisations and refinements
As with the previous Archi 4.5 release we continue to squash bugs as they are found and optimise things for overall performance. We can only do this if you, the user, report any issues that you might find and help us to understand the problems so that we can address them. The main improvements for Archi 4.6 are as follows:
- Built on Eclipse 4.13 (improvements to Linux and Mac UI)
- Diagram label edit controls are multi-line
- [XMLExchange] Create folder structure on import
- Optimisations for speed and memory usage
- Allow all characters in regex parsed links in Documentation fields and User Properties
- Fix connection labels background on Mac
There are many more features and fixes in Archi 4.6. You can read the full list in the Change Log.